Lab 307 for crafting revisions on our personal narratives.
show vs tell
Remember: 2 pages MINIMUM. Not 1.5. Not 1.75. 🙂
MLA format: heading, 1 inch margins.
Creative and telling title. Any essays that are untitled, or given some mind-blowing title such as “Personal Narrative Essay” will be docked 5 points!
Keep rough draft and notes. You will be turning them all in together. I will provide a folder for you to turn your work in.
Planning session for Memoir Assessment. Make sure you have your book with you.
Final draft along with RD and notes are due by 3:45 pm. If you are stopping by during another class, please leave your folder in the tray outside my room.
Memoir Assessment. If time, discuss social issues book coming up next.
Hello wonderful seniors! Thank you in advance for being amazing while I am out today. I know it’s a big day with Matt Hobby happening so please make sure you are productive and good luck tonight, Hounds!
Please follow the directions! This looks like a lot, but I broke it down into chunks here. Unless the hurricane messes up my travel plans, I should be back on Monday for any questions and further explanation.
- Grab a laptop and an introduction sheet. Social Issues Book Unit
- If I didn’t get a chance to explain in depth yesterday, please watch my ScreenCast. I go over what exactly we are doing. Don’t worry about the end product just yet.
- Go to my Amazon list or do general internet searches for social issues books. My list is by no means exhaustive. You may choose any topic that affects humans somewhere on this planet. Liberal, conservative, religious, secular, creative, financial, technological… the world is yours to explore. Use the intro sheet to assist you. You may choose a book as a group, a topic as a group, or find someone that is doing the same book or topic as you! Ultimate choice!
- IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING SOMEONE TO JOIN FORCES WITH: the whiteboard next to my desk is going to be our classified section. Look at the examples I created (Personals Ads Examples for Social Issues Book) and then craft your own and post it [printed or handwritten on paper] by Wednesday 9/19.
- INDIVIDUALS OR GROUPS: even if you don’t know what you are doing exactly, please write the following down and turn in by the end of class. Place in the class tray in back.
- Topic you are interested in
- Three potential book titles
You must have a physical copy of the book by October 1. Our learning commons has a variety, and I have a few. Choose used books!
6. PUT THE LAPTOPS AWAY… CORRECT SLOT, PRESSED ALL THE WAY IN SO IT CHARGES. THIS SHOULD BE SIMPLE BUT SOME STILL HAVE ISSUES.
Used book stores in Cobb County (or close by)
Support a local business!
The Crazy Book Lady – this one is in remote Acworth but it’s right off of 75 and it’s one of those well-stocked from floor to ceiling stores. If you are a book lover, it is worth the trip from east Cobb!
Fox Tale Book Shop, Woodstock
Once and Again Books, near Lassiter
Book Exchange, Canton Rd
Book Nook, Roswell Rd Marietta
Half-price Books, Woodlawn Square, JF Road
2nd and Charles, Barrett Pkway
And of course there is Barnes and Noble (new books) near Town Center and at the Avenue West Cobb and Cumberland.